In Fortnite, you have the ability to block other players. So, they will not be able to see whether you are online and also they will not be able to contact you. However, you may still be able to see them in missions or in the public lobby. Even if you are unlucky, you will be able to see them in game sometimes.
The reasons why people want to block some other players are various. In Fortnite, we find different people with different backgrounds and characters. So, some of them probably annoy you with their bad behaviours. Actually, if you are annoyed by them, you are able to report them. But, if you do not want to do that, you are just able to block them.
Annoying people can be a troll, armchair general, leech, or disruptor. What are the differences among them?
Annoying players in this type usually will trash talk in chat. They will do everything to disrupt the game of others with dumb comments, racism, and provocative suggestions.
- Armchair General
They think that they are better than other players. This kind of player is less toxic than the troll but if you ignore their wishes, they can escalate.
They usually play support classes. They also will not risk themselves in a fight. They will stay in the background and will leap in to get the best loot before you can.
They will edit your walls, go around after you undo your constructions and even they try to disrupt your game.
If you have blocked some other players in Fortnite and then now you want to unblock them, you are able to do that by following the steps below.
- To be able to unblock someone on Fortnite, the first thing that you have to do is make sure that you are in the Fortnite Lobby.
- Then, you must open your friends list in the top right corner of the screen and your friend list will open up.
- After that, choose Settings by using the buttons at the top of the friends list.
- In the list of options, you need to look for Hide Blocked Players and by default, it is most likely checked. Here, you must make sure that it is unchecked. If not, you are not able to unblock any players.
- Now, you need to go back to your friend list and then you will be able to see that there is a new tab that is available at the bottom of the friend list named Blocked Players. Here, you have to find the player in the list of Blocked Players. After finding the blocked player, then right click the name and choose Unblock.
- In this step, the player will be moved back into your normal friends list.
If you do not need access to this menu again, you are able to go back into the Social Settings and then choose to enable Hide Blocked Players again.