As we know that Fortnite is one of the hottest games in the world. Of course, it comes with high security controls to make the players in a safe and secure place. Then, one of the security controls that you can find in Fortnite is Parental Controls. Then, do you already know what is it?
In fact, Fortnite is full of players in their kiddy age. To make them still safe and secure, of course it needs parental controls to involve the parent in the game. The parents here are allowed to control their kids when playing the game. In Fortnite, parental controls allow you to turn off both voice chat and text chat. So, the parent can filter mature language even prevent non-squad members from seeing your child’s in-game name.
Here are the range of parental controls, including restrictions on:
- Communication with other players
- Adding friends
- Access to multiplayer
- Broadcasting gameplay
- Which games can be played and downloaded
- What content can be seen and shared
- The details that can be seen about other players
- Access to web browsing
- The use of VR
But, sometimes, many players are annoyed with Parental Controls. It is because they cannot send voice chat or text chat to their friends even if it’s something important to do, especially in squad mode.
For that reason, it leads many players to look for the way to turn off Parental Controls in Fortnite. But, most of them failed to remove it. After all, Parental Controls seemingly comes to Fortnite as default settings that you cannot remove as you want.
Can You Turn Off Parental Controls in Fortnite?
If you ask the question about whether you can remove Parental Controls or not in Fortnite, of course we answer that you totally cannot remove it. But, you can still turn on Voice Chat locked by Parental Controls. But, this way may put you at risk.
To activate the Voice Chat in Parental Controls, at least you have to remember your PIN that you use to turn on parental controls. Generally, Parental Controls is turned on by parents, of course the kids will not know the PIN.
How to Turn Off Parental Controls in Fortnite
If you really want to turn off Parental Controls in Fortnite, you probably can do any ways below, but we are not sure that you totally can turn it off. Here are the ways:
- First, make sure you are at the Fortnite lobby.
- Then, go to the settings. Scroll the cursor down until you find the Parental Controls menu.
- After that, click it.
- You automatically will be directed into the Parental Controls page that requires you to enter a 6 digit PIN that you use when you turn on Parental Controls.
- If you know the PIn, you just type the PIN, then, click Next.
- Then, in Custom Settings of Parental Controls, you need to turn on Voice Chat or Text Chat. Then, click Save.
- Once you turn on Voice Chat and Text Chat, go back to Parental Controls in Fortnite Settings. If you see Voice Chat on, it means you can voice chat.
But, you may find even though you successfully turn on Voice Chat or Text Chat, but it is still locked by Parental Controls. It means that you cannot send voice chat or text chat freely. So, be careful!!!