For several years now, Epic Games has had a scheme that allows the players of Fortnite to refund the Fortnite skins and cosmetics. It means the players of the game on every device (including PS4) are all able to take part in the cosmetics funding plan. You are able to refund cosmetics in exchange for V-Bucks. It means you are able to recycle any skins, emotes or gliders that you no longer want. However, there are some limitations.
Here is how the cosmetic and skin refund service works in Fortnite Battle Royale, including the limitations. First, you are able to return up to three cosmetic purchases for V-Bucks in a lifetime. Second, once you have returned three cosmetic items, you will not be eligible for any more refunds. Third, you are able to only refund purchases within 30 days. Fourth, if the item you have refunded is not in the Item Shop, you cannot buy it again until it returns. Fifth, you will find the Self Service Cosmetic Returns process in the Purchase History section of the Item shop.
What can you refund? You are able to request a refund for the items such as emotes, gliders, harvesting tools, back bling, and outfits. What can’t you refund? You are not able to request a refund for items such as Battle Pass, Battle Pass Tiers, Starter Pack, Founder’s Pack, Founder’s Pack Upgrades, Loot Llamas (Save the World), and Event and Weekly items (Save the World).
So, how to refund cosmetics in Fortnite? Please follow these steps to refund cosmetics in the game.
- First, click on the hamburger menu in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Second, click on the Settings option at the top.
- Third, click the far right tab. This one will take you to an Account and Privacy page.
- Fourth, the second option from the top is named Lifetime Return Requests. Please click Submit a Request.
- Fifth, you will go to another screen that will show what cosmetic items are eligible for a refund. If you do not have any available cosmetics to refund, it will tell you. Aside from that, you are also able to see how many lifetime return requests are remaining.
- Sixth, highlight the cosmetic you want to refund on the left side of the screen and choose it to confirm.
- Seventh, now you have to give a reason. Choose from Accidental, Unauthorized, or Item Not as Expected.
- Eight, pick out which one applies most to your situation and click Submit Return Request to claim your refund.
- Ninth, you will be prompted one last time to confirm your refund. You need to click confirm to claim your refund.
- Tenth, once claimed, the V-Bucks spent on that cosmetic will be added back into your Fortnite account. If you want to check, you can look at the top right of your screen. In the end, you should see your V-Bucks total has increased. Please contact Epic Games if you need help.