As a player of Fortnite, of course you have to always protect your Fortnite account from hacking. Remember that hacking can occur anytime. So, it is really recommended that you take action immediately in order to protect your Fortnite account.
The first thing that you have to do if your Fortnite account has been compromised is changing your password. When you change your password, people signed into the official site of Epic Games through your account will be logged out from the site. If you want to change your password, you are able to do the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to log into your account.
- Then, you are able to go to your Account page.
- After that, you are able to select Password & Security.
- Now, you are able to change your password in the Change Your Password section. For the sake of the security of your account, it is better for you to select a password unique from those of your other online accounts.
If the account can be used, you must unlink your connected console account. When unlinking these, someone who signed into a console game through your account will be logged out from the game. if you want to unlink your connected console account, you have to choose Connected Accounts on your Account page. After that, you have to select Disconnect for all of your connected console accounts. After logging out someone who may have been signed into your Fortnite account, now you are able to enable Two Factor Authentication on your account. Please remember to keep your password a secret in order to ensure no one besides you logs into your account again.
By the way, what if someone has already changed your Fortnite password? If you get this problem, actually you may still be able to log into your Fortnite account.
- In order to log in this scenario, firstly you have to select ‘Forgot Your Password?’ on the Sign In page.
- After that, you are able to enter the email address you most recently associated with your account.
- Then, you have to check the inbox of that email address for an email containing steps on how to reset your password.
- In case you do not see the email, you are able to check your junk or spam folder.
- Now, please follow the steps for changing your password.
In other cases, if you forget your email and want to recover your Fortnite account with your username, you have to contact Epic Games for help. In order to get help from Epic Games related to your Fortnite account, doing these steps:
- Firstly, you have to go to https://www.epicgames.com/site/customer-service.
- Then, select Account. Another thing that can be chosen is Contact Us. Please make sure the first drop down menu of the contact form is set on Epic Accounts.
- After that, you are able to fill out the rest of the contact form with the important information concerning your case.
- Do not forget the email address you enter is the one you have access to.
- Also, you need to describe your inquiry as Hacked account/Unauthorized Purchase in the last drop down menu.
- When it is done, please select Submit.