In Fortnite, Account Merge is available to use. Now, let us learn all about the new feature including its guidelines, how it works and how to set it up. We are sure that you come to this page to find out that information. So, please keep staying on this page to get the information you want.
ABOUT ACCOUNT MERGE
- ONLY WORKS IF ONE OF THE ACCOUNTS IS LINKED TO THE PSN
You have to note that account merging cannot work between the accounts from the same platform. It is a requirement that one of the accounts must be linked or played on the PSN.
- INTEGRATE 2 ACCOUNTS INTO ONE
Now, the Fortnite players with multiple accounts have the option to combine their accounts into one with the new Account Merge feature. Unlike Account Linking, merging accounts will be able to transfer the cosmetic items and v-bucks between accounts.
- CONSOLE LOGINS WILL BE LINKED TO PRIMARY ACCOUNT
The Primary account can be linked to the console logins of the Secondary account upon merging. This includes console logins for the Xbox Live, Nintendo Online and PSN.
- TRANSFER COSMETIC ITEMS AND V-BUCKS
By merging accounts, the cosmetic items and available V-Bucks of the Secondary Account will be transferred into the Primary Account. However, Creative Islands cannot be merged. It will be deleted in the Secondary Account.
- COSMETIC ITEMS INCLUDED IN THE MERGE
Apparently, there are some cosmetics items included in the merge. Those are the skins, emotes, gliders, and Pickaxes.
- ENDS OF MAY 6, 2019
According to the research, the Account Merge feature closed off on May 6, 2019. Therefore, you have to make sure that you have already merged your accounts or you may not have the chance to do so again.
HOW TO MERGE FORTNITE ACCOUNTS
- The first thing that you have to do is head to Epic Game’s Account Merge Page. You have to note that Account Merging can only be done from the Epic Games Fortnite page. There you will be able to view the “Get Started” button to start the account merging and.
- The second step, you are able to log-in to the primary account. You have to assign which account will be the Primary Account through the log in. Remember that the Primary Account will be the merged account and the Secondary One will be disabled.
- After that, you have to ban or disabled accounts that cannot be merged. Fortnite accounts that have been banned cannot be used to merge, regardless if it is as the Primary or Secondary Account.
- In this step, you have to submit the Security Code. Usually, a Security code is going to be sent to the email address of the Primary Account. Please submit the code correctly to proceed to the next step.
- Lastly, you need to repeat Steps 2 & 3 for the Secondary Account. Do the same steps for the Secondary Account. If you do not have an account linked or played on the PSN, it will give an error that the Merge cannot push through. After all details are met, the merge will be successful.