Fortnite is pretty well optimized, but there are still lots of things you can do to increase the performance. In this page, we are going to share some methods to increase FPS in Fortnite. Please look at the text below to find out that information.
You have to optimize your PC. If you have a laptop, you are able to set the “Battery Mode” to “High Performance”. Also, please ensure that you have the latest GPU drivers and you have updated your Windows to the latest version. Also, you are able to adjust your NVIDIA control panel settings.
Please follow the instructions below.
- Please open NVIDIA Control Panel, and go to Manage 3D Settings.
- After that, you are able to choose the tab Program Settings and find Fortnite.
- Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1.
- Set Monitor Technology to G-SYNC (if applicable).
- Set Multi-Display or Mixed GPU Acceleration to Single display performance mode.
- Set Texture filtering: Quality to Performance.
- Next, you have to disable Vertical Sync.
- You have to enable Threaded Optimization.
- Set Preferred Refresh Rate to Highest available.
- Afterwards, apply the changes and navigate to Adjust desktop size and position.
- You need to check the checkbox Override the scaling mode set by games and programs and click on Apply.
- You need to disable mouse acceleration if you wish to improve your memory.
DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATE DELIVERY OPTIMIZATION
To increase FPS in Fortnite, you can also disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization. Here are steps:
- Please open the start menu, navigate Windows Update settings. Then click on the search result for it.
- Next, you are able to click on Advanced Options.
- After that, you have to click on Delivery Optimization
If you use Discord, make sure that you optimize it as well to boost your FPS in all games while Discord is running.
- Please open Discord.
- Then, you are able to go to the User Settings page.
- After that, you have to open the Appearance tab and uncheck Hardware Acceleration.
OPTIMIZING GAME SETTINGS
- Launch Fortnite and click on Battle Royale.
- After that, you are able to go to the Settings menu by clicking on the three lines and then the gear icon.
- Now, you have to set Window Mode to Fullscreen.
- Please set the Frame Rate Limit to Unlimited.
- Make sure 3D Resolution is 100.0%. It is better to just lower your Display Resolution above this setting than to adjust this setting.
- Set View Distance to Epic.
- Set Shadows to Off.
- Set Anti-Aliasing to Off.
- Set Textures to Medium. In this step, if you have good FPS, you can increase this setting and vice versa.
- Set Effects to Low.
- Set Post Processing to Low.
- Set Vsync to Off.
- Set Motion Blur to Off.
- Lastly, you are able to save the settings and exit Fortnite.