For those who want to know how to get better at Fortnite PS4, you have to read this entire article. Here we are going to tell you about that. Make sure that you do not miss any information.
PART 1: UPDATING THE SETTINGS
Change the game settings. From the Battle Royale lobby, you have to press options on your controller to open a menu. Then, go to the settings menu and change some of the options under the Game submenu. Some of these settings are critical to gameplay and some of these are quality of life improvements and are optional. The critical settings which need to be changed to on are:
- Turbo Building and Builder Pro: Build Immediately, both of which will improve your ability greatly to build well.
- The quality of life improvements are: Tap to Search/Interact, Controller Autorun, Auto Pick Up Weapons, and Auto Sort Consumables to Right, all of which should be switched to on.
Change the wireless controller layout. You need to go to the settings menu, then the Wireless Controller submenu and change your Wireless Controller Configurations to Builder Pro, the most common configuration among high-level play.
- You have to use a custom Wireless Controller Configuration if you are highly confident in a specific custom layout.
- After changing this setting, you are able to spend some time learning the controls making sure to look at both combat and build controls.
Change your sensitivity settings. You have to go to the settings menu, then the Controller Sensitivity submenu, where you will be able to change various sensitivity settings.
- A good starting point for most early players is 4-5 for look sensitivity, 4-5 for aim sensitivity, and 1.5X-2.0X for both the build mode and edit mode sensitivity multiplier.
- If these speeds are too fast, you are able to change them to 3 for look and aim sensitivity and 1-1.25X for build mode and edit mode sensitivity multipliers. Also, you need to increase these settings gradually until you are at your fastest comfortable speed to improve your play.
PART 2: PLAYING THE GAME
Vary your drop locations to improve your play. Using the drop is a good way to learn and improve your gameplay. Drop in different locations from game to game to become familiar with the map. The end of the game is able to be anywhere on the map due to the storm.
Be prepared as soon as you land. Landing on top of a building is a good way to start. Immediately after landing, you have to find a gun and figure out if other players landed near you and where they are at. Others will try and rush you as soon as they have a gun. So, please be prepared for very early fights.
Build in almost every situation. Building is the most powerful tool at your disposal in Fortnite and you need to use it constantly. When an opponent engages you, build to defend yourself from opponent fire and give instant cover.