Issues related to Mic problems absolutely make the player getting stressed. Well, when you are playing Fortnite in Squad or Duos Mode, of course you will need to communicate with your team. Certainly, it will trouble you to speak with them.
In fact, an unworkable Mic in Fortnite is a common problem that usually happens in Fortnite. It means that you can fox it easily if you follow any steps correctly. So, you do not have to worry about this issue.
We are here to guide you in fixing your mic not working when you are playing Fortnite. You totally can take one or more solutions below. Here are the solutions:
How to Fix Fortnite Mic Not Working
There are 3 gorgeous solutions which evidently will help you to fix Fortnite mic not working. Please follow our ways below!
Solution 1: Adjust Your Mic as Your Default Device
Of course, many players want to set their mic as the default recording device on PC. ·
- You need to disable Voice Chat in Fortnite first. To turn it off, you can click the 3 lines on the top right of the settings menu, Select the cog icon to open the settings menu. Click on the speaker icon to see the Audio settings. Turn Voice Chat off. Then, click Apply.
- Close Fortnite for while.
- Then, right-click the volume icon in the bottom right part of the screen. Click Sounds. Choose the Recording tab.
- After that, right-click on the device you want to use. Choose Set as Default Device. In this step, you are able to try speaking into your microphone to test. If it is workable, you definitely can see a green bar rising next to it when you speak.
- Right click on the green bar and disable every other input device except the one you really want to use.
- Click OK.
- Open Fortnite back. Go to the settings menu and turn on the Voice Chat.
- Finally, you can join a squad to test your microphone.
Solution 2: Check for Windows Updates
Generally, your microphone does not work for some Windows versions, especially old versions of Windows that you use to play Fortnite, you can check it out by following some ways below!
- Firstly, type “update” in the window search box. Press Enter.
- After that, click check on the pop-up window for updates.
- Well, if you see that you are using a lower version of Windows, so you have to update your Windows OS to Windows 10.
- Then, install all identified updates to troubleshoot the issues.
Solution 3: Restart the Windows Audio Service
This is the last way if the first and second solution do not help you.
- Firstly, you need to press Windows logo keyDescription: https://images.drivereasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/img_5b4ecde832800.png+ + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- On the Run box, type service.msc. Click Ok.
- Then, you have to find Windows Audio and right click. Click Restart on the upper left.
- Close the Service window.
- Now, you can relaunch the Fortnite back to check whether your mic is working or not.
That’s it !!!
We are sure that your microphone will work back well by using some excellent ways above. Make sure that you do not miss any steps. If your microphone is still not working, you kindly have to find other solutions. But, those promisingly will be workable a lot to fix your mic not working in Fortnite.