When you try to play Fortnite, have you experienced a moment where the launcher of Epic Games does not work? When it happens, what do you do? Some of you may try to restart the device. Some others may try to remove the launcher and reinstall it. But, is there the best way to be able to fix this issue?
If the launcher does not work, the first thing that you have to do according to the Epic Games is you have to check the Epic Games server status. You can access the Epic Games Server Status page to make sure that all systems are operational. If then you find that the Epic Games Launcher is affected by an outage or system-wide issue, your issue may be able to be fixed when the outage is resolved.
But, if you see that the server status is good, then you are able to try to fix this issue by clearing your launcher’s webcache. Usually, if you clear the webcache, it will be able to resolve the display issues that prevent you from using the launcher. How to clear your webcache? You can follow the steps below.
- First, you have to exit the Epic Games Launcher by right-clicking the system tray icon in the bottom-right corner, and then clicking Exit.
- After that, you have to press Windows key + R, type “%localappdata%”, and then press Enter to open a File Explorer window.
- Now, you have to open the Epic Games Launcher folder and then open the Saved folder.
- In this stage, you have to click the webcache folder, and then delete it.
- The last step, you have to restart your computer, and then relaunch the Epic Games Launcher.
Another way that you can do to fix this issue is to reinstall the Epic Games Launcher. However, it will remove all of your installed games. How to do it? If you are a Mac user, you can fix reinstall the Epic Games Launcher by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to close the Epic Games Launcher.
- After that, you have to verify that there are no processes connected with the Epic Games Launcher by checking Activity Monitor.
- In this stage, you have to open the Applications folder.
- Then, the thing that you have to do is to click and drag the Epic Games Launcher application to the Trash.
- Now, you need to verify all the following directories no longer have any Epic Games Launcher folders or files:
- Here, you have to access www.epicgames.com and click Get Epic Games in the top right corner to download the latest installer.
If you use MacOS 10.15.1 or earlier and then you find that the launcher is freezing, you can also use the steps above to reinstall the Epic Games Launcher on your Mac.
When you play Fortnite, you also have to make sure that your computer meets the system requirements to run the Epic Games Launcher so that it will avoid the issue.