Fortnite is a free to play games for PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and mobile. This one includes competitive, cooperative, and creative modes that all offer you to play with other players. If you want to play the game with your friends instead of strangers, you have to learn how to add friends on Fortnite.
Once you play Fortnite on a console, immediately you have the chance to play with your friends who also use the same console. For instance, if you are playing on Xbox One, you will be able to invite your Xbox Live friends. If you play on PlayStation4, you are able to invite their PlayStation Network friends.
By the way, can you add friends on Fortnite PlayStation4 to Xbox? Fortunately, you are able to do that. If you want to play Fortnite with someone using a different platform, you are able to add them through Fortnite or the Epic Games launcher PC app. Once Fortnite launched for the first time, Sony prevented PlayStation4 users from playing with Xbox One and Nintendo Switch players. Now, the rule is gone, so you can add friends on Fortnite from any platform.
HOW TO ADD FRIENDS ON FORTNITE
Apparently, Fortnite makes it really easy to send friend requests to friends on the other platforms. You are able to send them to people you have played with recently. Here is how to add friends on Fortnite:
- At the first step, you have to launch Fortnite and create a Save the World, Battle Royale, or Creative lobby. The kind of lobby you create does not matter.
- After that, you have to click or tap the friends icon which looks like human silhouettes, if you are playing on either PC or mobile. If you are playing on Xbox One, you are able to press the view button. If you are playing on Nintendo Switch, please press the – button. For those who are playing on Playstation4, please press the touchpad button.
- Then, you have to click or tap Add Friends if you are playing on PC or mobile. For the users of Xbox One, please press X. For the users of Nintendo Switch, please press Y. For the PS4 users, press Square.
- The next step that you have to do is to select the Enter Display Name or Email and enter the Epic Games display name of your friend or their email. The users of Xbox One will be able to access this one by pressing A. The users of Nintendo Switch can press the B button. For the users of PS4, press X. In addition, you will also discover suggested friends and recent players on this menu. if you want to send the request to someone you played the game with recently, please select them from this menu.
- If you enter the information correctly, you are going to see a Friend Request Sent message.
- If your friend accepts the friend request, you are able to see them in your friends list in the Epic Friends section.