Do you want to play Fortnite on Bootcamp Mac? If so, then you are able to try to play it. But, you may need some information about it since you are afraid that it will not work well.
If you access Youtube, you will be able to see a video of FernFox entitled Fortnite on Bootcamp (Macbook Pro, Iris Plus 640) which was uploaded on March 31st, 2019. Specs that he uses are:
- Apple 13″ MacBook Pro
- Iris Plus 640 Graphics
- 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 Dual Core
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB SSD
- Retina Display
In the video, you are able to see how it runs first. He sets the setting and he sets everything to the lowest. Here is some information that you can see.
- Windows mode: Full Screen
- Display Resolution: 1280×800 16:10
- Frame Rate Limit: 120 FPS
- 3D Resolution: 1280x 800
- View distance: near
- Shadows: off
- Anti-Aliasing: off
- Textures: low
- Effects: low
- Post Processing: low
- Vsync: off
- Motion Blur: off
- Show FPS: on
After he sets the settings to the settings above, then he tries to play Fortnite there. As you are able to see that it is not bad. And it seems that it is better than on Mac OS for sure. He states that on the Mac version, when first stepping out of the bus, there could be a lot of lag but it seems like that is gone for the most part. Then, he decreases the 3D resolution to 432×270. And you can see that it is very smooth and it is better than the other resolution.
If you want to watch more videos about Fortnite on Bootcamp Mac, you are able to watch some other videos such as:
- a video of Meanpooh entitled Fortnite Settings MacBook Pro BootCamp which was uploaded on March 10th, 2018
- a video of Tech Byte entitled Fortnite on New 2018 MacBook Pro (MacOS and Windows 10 Bootcamp Gameplay) which was uploaded on August 7th, 2018
- a video of NerfThis.TV entitled Gaming on a MacBook Pro 15″ 2017| Bootcamp Edition – Fortnite Battle Royale | 4K which was uploaded on July 19th, 2018
- a video of Meanpooh entitled Fortnite Bootcamp 60FPS Consistent 1080P Great Settings MacBook Pro.
If you watch the videos above, you will know the settings that they use when they play Fortnite on Bootcamp Mac. Besides, you will also know the look of Fortnite when it is played whether it lags or not. Then, you are able to try to use the settings as they use.
Talking about playing Fortnite on Mac, if you want to play Fortnite on this device, there are some tips. First, you have to close background applications. Second, you are able to turn off windowed mode. Then, you can also reduce audio quality. Changing graphics settings is also another tip that you can apply to improve the performance of Fortnite on your Mac.
For your information, Boot Camp is a software which is developed by Apple and it is in cooperation with Microsoft. It is designed to effectively run Windows on Mac hardware. If you use Boot Camp, you will not have to select whether to install either Mac OS or Windows. You are able to install both and then you can switch between them by rebooting and choosing the other OS.