When we play a game such as Fortnite, it is not impossible that we find an error code. When there is a message on the screen of our computer that there is an issue which is followed by an error code in the message, the thing that we feel may be a little bit disappointed.
But then, you will be curious how to fix it and you will start looking for the ways to fix this issue.If you get an error message on the screen of your computer when you are playing Fortnite, the first thing that you have to notice is the error code which is written on it. It is because usually each code has a different way to fix and you will also know the reason for why the issue can happen by reading the message carefully.
According to Epic Games site, if you get a DP-06 error code, it means that client timeout trying to install. Why can this error happen? This error can happen if your Epic Games Launcher is timing out when it is trying to receive messages from servers. So, what actions can we take to be able to fix this error code? If you find that there is a DP-06 error code in your screen when you try to play Fortnite, you are able to implement some of the methods below to fix it.
The first method that you are able to do is to run the Epic Games Launcher as an Administrator. Do you know how to do it? You can follow the steps below.
- First, you have to right-click on your Epic Games Launcher shortcut.
- After that, you have to click on Run as administrator.
It will ensure that you are able to install games to protected folders on your computers.
Another method that you are able to do to fix this issue is to confirm you have read/write access to the folder. How to do that? You are able to confirm that you have read/write access to the folder by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do to confirm that you have read/write access to the folder is to navigate to your selected install location.
- After that, you have to right-click and select Properties.
- Here, you need to choose the Security tab.
- And now, you have to choose your username in the Group or user names box.
- In this step, you have to verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.
Well, that’s the methods which are informed by Epic Games for players who meet the D-06 error code. So, if you find this issue, you are able to try to apply the methods above. But then, if you find that there is no change to the error which means that the error does not vanish, you are able to ask in a forum about it so that you can get help from others. Or, you are able to contact the Epic Games support.