You are able to protect your account by enabling 2FA (Two Factor Authentication). It will give you a code to protect your account. You will be able to unlock the Boogiedown Emote in Fortnite Battle Royale after protecting your account. By the way, how can the code protect your account? Let us talk more about that here.
If you have enabled 2FA, you will get the following items in Save the World:
- 50 Armory Slots
- 10 Backpack Slots
- 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama
TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (2FA)
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) can be used to protect your account from unauthorized access by requiring you to enter a code when you sign in. Currently, the Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) feature supports the use of an authenticator app or an email address authentication method. After you have opted into Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), you will be asked to submit the code from your preferred two-factor authentication method. Then, you will be signed into your account. You are going to be prompted for the two-factor passcode the first time you sign in after enabling the feature, if you use a new device, if it’s been over 30 days since you last signed in or if you have cleared your browser cookies recently.
HOW TO ENABLE THE 2FA FEATURE
If you do not know how to activate this feature, you are able to follow the instructions below.
- Firstly, go to Account Settings. There, you have to click on the Password & Security tab to view your security settings.
- After that, at the bottom of the page, under the Two Factor Authentication heading, you are able to click to Enable Authenticator App or Enable Email Authentication as your two factor method.
- Now, you are able to select which method that you want to enable it using the Authenticator app or email address.
- If you select to use an authenticator app for two step authentication, there are some authenticator apps that you can find in your mobile device app store. Those are Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, and Authy.
ENABLE THE 2FA USING AUTHENTICATOR APP
If you want to enable the 2FA using Authenticator App, here are the steps:
- After you select Password & Security from the navigation when locating 2FA, you are able to scroll down until you see the section for Authenticator App. Click on the button that says Enable Authenticator App. Confirm your email address and then go back to the screen before and click the blue button which says that I Have Verified My Email.
- The next screen will ask you to allow your authenticator app. Please enter a code or capture a QR code. To capture the QR code, launch an Authenticator app. Click the plus icon to add an account and then click on Scan QR code. When your camera opens, you have to hold your device up to the PC to scan Epic Games QR code. After it is captured, an authenticator app will bring you to name the account, click Done.
- Now, you are able to go back to the Security page of your Epic Games account and insert the code.
- Lastly, you are able to click the blue button which says Activate.