You may ever have an issue in which you cannot add friends in Fortnite. Of course, this issue can be caused by any reason, but you do not recognize it first. You do not have to worry because we are here to solve your problem at all.
Then, why can’t you add friends in Fortnite?
At least, there are some reasons why you cannot add friends in Fortnite. It may be because:
- You may send a friend request to a Fortnite account which has reached the request limit of 700.
- You already have 700 or more pending friend requests.
To make sure that you have no limit, request friends, but you still cannot add friends, of course you can do some ways to make it possible.
Generally, the problem why you cannot add friends in Fortnite is related to the devices you’re using to play Fortnite. It means that the device you use influences this way. For instance, if you are playing Fortnite on Xbox One, you can just add friends on your Xbox Live Friends at all.
If you try adding friends in Fortnite, then you see the message “You can’t add this user as a friend because of his privacy settings” or “You can’t be a friend”. Definitely, it means that you cannot totally add friends.
So, in this case, you will need to do some excellent ways to solve this problem. Then, here are the ways to solve the problem when you cannot add friends in Fortnite:
Step 1: Check Your Privacy Settings
- The main thing that you have to do is to check your privacy settings in Epic Games client. You can click in the client window on the Friends Button located in the left menu.
- When the window appears, you can click on the third icon that has the name Social Settings.
- Then, you need to remove the check mark from the item Auto Dicline Friends Requests.
Step 2: Change the Settings
The second step, you have to change the settings inside the game. Need to know that they are not always automatic-saved. So, you must change it by following steps below!
- First, open your Fortnite game.
- Second, go to the options.
- Third, go to the very latest tab with a little icon called Account.
- Then, find the Auto Dicline Friend Requests. Set the value ON opposite it.
- After that, go to the sound settings, change the volume to any value. Then, Apply the Settings on the bottom panel of the screen.
- Next, after you click Apply, go back to turn off automatic rejection or friendship.
- Set the option to be OFF next to Auto Dicline Friend Requests.
- Then, change the sound again and click Apply.
Note: At the end of the second point, the line of Auto Dicline Friends Request should be OFF at all.
Well, those are the information that we can show you. Hopefully, our guide above can help you to solve your problem in the case of inviting friends in Fortnite. Make sure that you follow the steps correctly. Don’t miss it!!!